Thursday, September 27, 2012

Spreading the Good News


So the Great Commision in Matthew 28 says
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
I know one of the things on my Bucket List is to go on a Mission’s Trip.  It is VERY high on my Bucket List and I’m praying that I can get that opportunity this Spring Break! But after I read my devotion today (about the Great Commission) I realized, what am I waiting for?
Who said I could only share and spread the Good News in a foreign country? Who said  I had to go outside my state walls, my city walls, or even my school walls. I can spread the Gospel anytime, any place.  I should not wait until the opportunity arises to do so.
In fact, I have more to lose when I preach here in my own environment. Say I travel to Haiti to do mission’s work, and they reject me? What’s the worse that can happen? They reject me and I never see them again.  I go back to my everyday life here in America and hope for better next time. There really is NO LOSS in me spreading the word overseas.
Now if I were to share the Gospel here at my campus, then it’s a totally different story. Yes, I could be rejected, but it would not be the end of communication.  I will see these people all the time. There is more to lose. And there are chances of being persecuted for my faith. But that should not stop me, and it should not stop us from ministering to those right in our backyard, or even within our households.  As Paul says, any persecution we have no will not compare to the glory God has for us (Rom 8:18).
So I urge you Brothers and Sisters, not to sit around waiting for an opportunity to spread the Good News to a foreign country.  Start by spreading it within your own home, your school, your work, maybe even your church.  You never know who around you may really need to hear the Good News and to see it in action right before their very eyes.
God just really laid this on my heart this morning and I hope that it inspires someone else to also take action. 
God bless you
~Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment