Sunday, September 9, 2012

God is good...if


is a very dangerous statement.
Many of us find ourselves in a “God is good…if” state of mind.  We may not verbalize it, but I’m sure we have all been in this mindset.  Let me give you a few examples:
  • God is good… if I get that job I have been praying for
  • God is good… if my friends/family gets saved whom I’ve been praying for
  • God is good… if I get that promotion I’ve been praying for
  • God is good… if He brings me back the love of my life again
So I think I have made my point.  I myself have been struggling with this very same problem.  And this morning God laid it on my heart and opened my eyes to what I have been doing.
What He wanted me to share is, there is no “if” in God is good. He just is. God is good. Period, end of story.
God is good even if I don’t get that job or the promotion.  He is still good even if my friends/family do not get saved.  Even if the love of my life never finds his way back to me, GOD IS STILL GOOD!
Don’t let life’s circumstances fog your view of God. He is good, no matter what is going on around you.
He loves you and knows what He is doing. Just trust in Him and He will take care of you!
God bless,
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment