Friday, October 26, 2012

Dancing with my Father

There is just something about dancing. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about it that gets me.  It's like I cannot wait to have my first dance with my future husband.  I have always seen dancing as a very personal and intimate action (and I'm not talking about the Hokey Pokey).

There is just something about two people, moving in the same motion, holding each other close as they move to the music.

But it also goes a step further.  My school last night had a night of worship for the students. And as I was singing to my Father God, I just felt that intimacy with Him. I could feel Him holding me close as I sang to Him and just worshiped.  Though my body was standing there in that row of seats, my soul was actually up in the air, dancing with my Father God. I could feel Him around me telling me everything is going to be okay.  He has my back, He knows what He is doing and has great plans for me. I cannot put into words how much I needed that dance last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment