Saturday, December 22, 2012

Living Testimony of Psalm 147:3


"He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds" Psalm 147:3

When my heart was shattered earlier this year, I was left with this verse, a broken heart, and hope. Hope that these words could possibly become true for me...

Well I have realized tonight that I am a living testimony to those words.

I did not think that I would ever heal from those scars.  After my broken engagement, I was crushed. I thought I would never love again.  I thought I would be one of those girls who would never move on and would keep holding out hoping that he would come to his senses. But by the grace of God, I finally let him go (in my heart) about a month ago.  

Today I found out that he is seeing another girl.  Instead of feeling betrayed, hurt, sad, depressed, all the emotions I am sure I would have felt had I not let go of him in my heart already, instead, I was filled with ... I'm really not sure to be honest.

I am not mad at him.  Nor am I mad at the girl.  But I felt compassion for her.  She looks considerably younger than me, and I just pray that he doesn't do to her what he did to me.  That was my first reaction was to pray for her. 

Had this happened two months ago, I don't know what I would have done or how I would have reacted...

But it doesn't matter, because God healed me. He healed my broken heart. He bound up my wounds.  I can move on, I can press forward because of the great things He has done in me.
I can look ahead and know that God has a plan for me.  He never left me that whole time, even when I felt so far from Him, He was there the whole time.  I also know that He was with me tonight as I finally got rid of all things associated with that guy.

I cannot thank God enough.  Looking back at my journey the past year, I know I have had some dark moments.  But all I can say is I thank God for them.  I thank Him for taking me through those trials and making me a stronger person.  But most importantly, I am thankful for the journey because it has brought me so much closer to Him. 

Never in my life have I ever been as close to God as I am now.  I finally feel I am on the right track with God and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for me.

Like I said earlier, I thought I would never love again, but I was wrong.  I have fallen in love again.  And I fall more in love every day.  I don't know what I would do without Him in my life, but thankfully I will never have to worry about that, because He has already promised me "Never will I leave you or forsake you..."

Thank you Jesus. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment